Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Work Out

After seven months of doing next to nothing (partially due to my going to B.C., partially due to my ankle crapping out on me and largely due to my own laziness) I've decided to start working out again. The night before last, I went and bought an ankle brace and my sister brewed some tea (we are taking Marrakech Mint right now) and yesterday morning, after accidentally sleeping in, we set out for a trip around our old work out route.

I was surprised, both by what I can still do and by what I no longer can do. Sit ups, I can still do. Apparently, buried in there somewhere are some abs, nearly forgotten, but still strong enough to bend me in half. Also, I managed to do seven reps on the knee killer yesterday, which given the state of my knee, I thought was pretty amazing. The dip station gave me a little more trouble. It wasn't quite as bad as the first time I tried it, but yesterday, once I had lowered myself down, I still couldn't get back up. Today, I did two whole reps before my arms gave out on me. Also, even though I've been extremely tired post-work out, I feel like I could keep going indefinitely.

Today was beautiful, and on top of the nice weather, we met a nice lady who was been doing the circuit with her dog since the beginning of February (and I thought we were being troopers for starting in March). She goes three times a week, she said.

Tomorrow, all things being equal, my older brother will be joining us for our work out. I'm also going to message my younger sister and see if I can't convince her to come along as well.

Now, if I could just remember to write in my work out journal, I'd be all set.

PS - We've already started planning for 2010's trip down the river. It's going to kick ass.