Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Could Be at the Beach Right Now, But...

I don't know. My day pretty much got killed by my own stupidity in believing that "not too long" referred to a time period spanning less than five and a half hours. We were supposed to go to the office for "not too long" - in order to make a phone call, in fact, and I went along because there was something I needed to pick up. We were all hungry, so we went to a restaurant. About five seconds after we got there, my mother and my brother got into an argument which was essentially about nothing, but got heated enough that my mum ended up leaving (I would have too, probably, but the whole thing was still ridiculous). I followed her out, and so did my brother, and we got in the car, then drove to the office by way of our house (probably about 25-30 minutes, when all is said and done) with them fighting, and me just putting up with it, because I still had to go to the office and get my papers (now crumpled, but that's a different story). By the time we reached the office, they had stopped fighting, or figured it out, or, for once, just shut up about it, and since we were all still hungry, it was decided that we had to go back out, to another restaurant. That was fine, but I ended up spending nearly twice as much on my meal as I would have had to at the other place, and getting something I didn't like as much. Also, we were there for a really long time. When we finally got into the office, instead of the necessary phone call being made, my mother and brother decided to talk about random stuff for probably an hour and a half, then make the phone call, then talk, then call back, talk on the phone, etc., etc. So, I did all the stuff I needed to do (took Aigaion Girl down :( and some other stuff), then got bored with waiting, so started to work on other stuff. While I was in the middle of something, they announced that they were ready to leave, and I said I would be a little while 'cause I was kind of still working on stuff... about five minutes later, I was informed that they were waiting for me, so I shut my system down, only to be told that I didn't need to log off yet. Then we spent about ten minutes shutting everything down and locking up (coincidentally, if I'd had the ten minutes, I would have finished what I was working on)... then we came home, and everyone else went to various places (the beach, the movies) and I elected to stay here, because I honestly think I'd have ended up slugging someone if I had to spend another five minutes hanging around while people while they pretend to be happy... and I'm too tired to fake happy right now, and I can't deal with repeatedly being asked why I'm miserable or accused of being grumpy and/or surly.

So, that's my whining for the day. I'm back to work tomorrow because my employers decided to change their minds after telling us we'd get Monday off... and I would totally skip work (because that's a crap thing to do to people) but that would mean I was no longer eligable for Friday's stat pay, which would suck royal ass.

I think I'm going to go and rent a movie. This is the first time in a while that I'm going to have the whole house entirely to myself for a couple of hours and I don't want to waste it.

No comments: