Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Belated Lazy River Report

Add ImageI should have posted this when we actually did the lazy river ride, but I got tied up doing other things and I forgot.

We were planning to make a big group thing of it this year, but alas, lack of monies made that next to impossible. As much fun as it might have been, inviting people over for a picnic that they supply, a modest supper and no real sleeping arrangements seems just a touch cheap - so Spooey and I went by ourselves.

We went a little longer this year, stayed in the water for a solid two hours and met some more rapid rapids than last year. Also, I discovered that there are parts of the river so deep that I couldn't touch. At one point, I got thrown off my floaty thing and ended up being dragged through the rapids with my arms wrapped around it for dear life.

Also, we saw a bald eagle, which was pretty effing cool, since I had no idea that they lived around here.

I think that's everything. Pictures will have to wait until we get our disposable cameras developped (as well as the one from last year), and then be posted... probably next year or something.

No comments: