Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Xmas Continued

I remembered what I was going to say. I could have just added it to the bottom of my other Xmas post, but I decided to do a a new one, just so I could put up this picture of the Tree Child playing keep away with one of Jareth's magic crystals. At least, I think that's what's going on in this picture. That's it, executive decision: all blog posts between now and Christmas will feature a frightening and/or confusing piece of public domain holiday art.
So, what I remembered: my laptop went effing insane today. It was going ridiculously slow this morning, so before I turned in for the day, I started running a whole computer scan. When I woke up, it was going ridiculously ridiculously slow and it took me about 15 minutes to check my email. The scan was still running, so I disconnected from the interwebz and let it run. It was still running after Rhiannon and I had watched Pride and Prejudice, so I left it running and went back to sleep. Then I was woken up by strange flashing light from behind me, and I rolled over to see Modo's screen flashing black and then white, but with the menu bar at the bottom looking totally normal. No idea WTF is going on there, but I had to leave for work, so I couldn't really stick around to investigate. I really don't want him to be broken. I have horrible luck with laptops (one stolen, one broken), Cameras (one broken, fixed and then stolen, one really effing broken) and all things technological, so I'm afraid he might just be dead. Erg.
In other news, it's after 4 and I haven't started my night audit. I should get on that. I don't think I'm going snowboarding today. Blah.

No comments: