Friday, July 3, 2009

La, la, la

I totally forget what I was going to blog about.
Oh, right.

I´m done editing that one character, at least until I´ve edited the others, at which point I will likely start the process over again. So far I´m fairly happy with how it´s going. I´m staying at my brother´s place and going to the beach tomorrow, so I didn´t bring my laptop with me, which means I´m going just a little bit crazy, but that´s okay.

No job yet, but that´s not much of a surprise. I didn´t check the job bank today because my resume is on Mephistopheles and I can´t really do anything from hear anyway.

Also, I finished reading The Fifth Elephant, yet another of Terry Pratchett´s works of unadulterated brilliance. I love the Discworld books with Vimes in them; he is one of my absolute favourites. He and Vetinari and Detritus are all pretty well tied, and they´re all in this one, which is great. And Carrot. I love Captain Carrot. I´ll probably be reading Jingo as soon as I get home.

I want my story to be published now. I want people reading it now. I know I´ll have readers, when I do get it published. I know people will buy it - I just wish they were buying it right now, this second, no waiting. Ah well. You can´t always get what you want.

There was something else. Oh, BEACH. We were supposed to be doing other stuff this weekend, including camping, but alas, that fell through. So now we´re spending tomorrow at the beach, which will rock, but isn´t quite camping. I wish there was somewhere we could stop on the way and pick up a set of Morning Play. Morning Play is just amazing.

There was one other thing. Right. Party. I´m sort of ambivalent about going. For reasons that don´t really warrant blogging about, I´m sort of afraid it´s going to be horribly, horribly awkward. Maybe it won´t. Maybe everything will go swimingly... and anyway, I´ve gone to every single one of these things for six years; I´m not going to suddenly stop because of the potential for awkwardness... God knows if that would have stopped me from doing anything, it certainly wouldn´t be a worry now.

I think that covers the update of my life. It´s amazing to me how with no job, hardly any friends that I see regularly and next to nothing going on in my life, I manage to find so much to blog about. It´s a gift, really. I ought to be going now, I suppose. I want to head to the nearby convenience store and see if they have... I have no idea. I don´t really want anything, to be honest. I just feel like spending money and eating, because they seem like the things to do.

Okay, seriously, I need to stop writing this now. Apart from the fact that I´m not conveying any useful information, I´m probably scaring the Hell out of anyone who´s read this far. Sorry, gentle reader. See you soon for another update on my bizzare life.

PS, the Post Secrets from last Sunday were pretty good. I´m looking forward to Sunday´s, thatś for sure.

No comments: