Monday, July 6, 2009

More About Jobs

Still haven't found one. Ugh.

I did apply for one today, though, at what looks like one of the best places in the world to work... or at least, one of the prettiest.


Well, technically, several of the prettiest. I applied for a position in housekeeping, but didn't specify which resort I wanted to work at, because I can't really afford to be picky. I want to work at the one here^ because, apart from the fact that it's absolutely gorgeous, I've had a dream about it. I know, somewhere is my dream journal and in it is the description of this place. I shall have to dig that up, because that's kinda cool.

It seems like everyone is looking for a job right now, which I guess is why there are so few. It's not like I'm being picky. There are some places I can't work (ie icecream shops), and a very few places I won't (there's a factory hiring in town... I tried to break the foreman's wrist some years back. Long story), but by and large, I'll work anywhere but nowhere wants to hire me.

But I did read an article that said a lot of places out west are hard up for employees, so that's where I'll look, I guess. I haven't checked the job bank for local jobs yet today... I guess I'll do that now, and see how that goes. Then, possibly, I will sleep for four hundred years. I have been so tired lately.

No comments: