Sunday, February 7, 2010

At Risk of Sounding Like a 5 Year Old

I hate my job. I hate everything about my job (by the way, I got a new job). I am a telemarketer selling lawn care, which means my profession is annoying people during their dinner. At the end of every day, I get a stern look from my boss which suggests that whatever I've done, it's not good enough. I'm dreading going back tomorrow.

Also, today has pretty much sucked. The reason I'm working my awful job is that I can't get anything else. My entire family is broke. As a result, what I've eaten today is 1 pancake (bad idea, because I shouldn't have dairy), 1 potatoe, 1/4 of a can of salmon and one chocolate bar. I'm stuck at my mother's office, because I was stupid enough to come in here today (I spent ALL DAY yesterday working for free for my gran, which I don't mind doing, 'cause she deserves it), figuring I could get some of my own stuff done. I did get a lot of my own stuff done, but over the course of the day, my office has been disassembled, because, apparently, my dividers don't need to be held up by anything; we're just going to wedge them between my desk and the filing cabinet on the other side. Yeah, that won't look stupid at all.

Then, around 7:00pm, my mum had to run to take my dad to see my grandma, because my grandma isn't well and was convinced she lived somewhere other than where she does. My mum was gone a couple of hours (I should mention that this office is pretty much in the middle of nowhere) and now that she's back, they're probably going to be another two hours rearranging the office furniture.

I call this the game of How retarded can we make our office look? We're going for a new record, I think.

Okay, I think I'm done whining.

In other news, I've finished my edits to Aigaion Girl a second time, but I need to change the cover art slightly (I adjusted the margins at the suggestion of my family and ended up with an extra 8-10 pages), which I'll have to do from the computer at home... which means I have to download Inkscape, but that's not a huge deal.

Also, I posted an article on Devereaux Court and worked out the content for my website.

No comments: