Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

My plan for today was to get up fairly early, do some laundry, go rollerblading, tidy up some of my junk, work on my website, and be generally productive. Instead, I did this:

I got up at about one thirty pm, after having gone to bed at four am. I then folded up my chair-bed, breaking my hot water bottle in the process, and covering the living room floor, my bedsheets and a bunch of my books with water. That took about fifteen minutes to clean up. Then I spent another fifteen or twenty minutes looking for my work out clothes. Then I did the laundry that I needed to do, plus the clothes that I'd gotten wet, and then I got ready to go rollerblading.

I decided to take the dog, as that means less work for me and a lot of fun for him. First thing out of the door, he started running at full speed, and I had to grab onto a fence to stop myself. Bad idea. The fence in question is a spiky wrought iron thing with tall posts every few feet, and balls on top of the posts. I grabbed on such post, and somehow managed to a) nearly skewer my throat on one of the spikes, b) fall with all of my weight on one knee and c) impale both of my shirts on the spike, so that I was stuck with one arm kind of over my head. I had enough time to hook the dog's leash on another spike before I passed out.

When I woke up, there was a man coming to see if I was okay. My dog tried to attack him when he tried to help get me unstuck from the fence, so I held onto the dog and sent him to my house (two or three houses from where I was). Then I had a seizure. I woke up probably three seconds before the guy came back with Rhiannon, and then he stayed while Rhiannon went back to find me some shoes. He was very nice and I really should have asked his name, just to be polite, but it really didn't occur to me.

Rhiannon helped me home, pulled out my chair bed for me, and then she and David went nuts to find me an extension cord so I could use my laptop in the living room. Rhiannon also filled up my non-broken hot water bottle and headed my shoulder pad, and brought me some Dr. Pepper. David took Loki for the rest of his walk. Complain I might, but when I'm injured, there's no family I'd rather have taking care of me than mine.

Then I watched a bunch of Nanny reruns on YouTube, and now I'm bored out of my skull.
Hooray for productivity.

No comments: