Monday, February 2, 2009

Remembering Code

It turns out that my mad html skills are only mildly irritated. Actually, the html bit is working fine, but my image files are too big, and they take forever to load. Not sure how to fix this without seriously reducing the dpi - they're already saved as .pngs. Also, the background image isn't physically big enough, but if I put it back to its original size, people will be done reading my blog before the page is done loading. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I love my old paper background, but I might have to change it to something a little easier to load.

What else? Oh, right. My memory (I'm not being funny, I actually forgot). I honestly don't know what's wrong with my brain, but it worries me. I'm at the point where if I have two simple tasks in front of me, I try to prioratize because there is a good chance that I will forget to do whichever one I plan to do second. For example, while I was getting ready to leave my apartment the other day, I found myself stuck between brushing my teeth and cleaning my earrings. I brushed my teeth. Then I made it halfway down the stairs before I remembered that I still needed to clean my earrings. I actually forgot in about it in the course of two minutes - which wouldn't be all that bad if I hadn't been actively trying to remember. Ah well. What can you do?

There was one other thing, and now I've forgotten again. Right. My FictionPress stats. At the moment, I think I'm sitting at one reader, one hit for today, but I have another six hours to beat yesterday's numbers (which actually went up from when I posted), so (assuming I remember), there should be another post around midnight.

No comments: