Tuesday, June 30, 2009

EI

Ugh. It looks like I might have to file for employment insurance. I don't really see a way around it, if I can't find a job, and I have been looking. My brother, who quit is job and started looking after me found a job, one I can't work at, but still, you'd think I'd have found something by now. There are a lot of temp agencies in this city, and along with everywhere else, I've sent applications to them, too.

Apparently, there was one phone call for me at the office yesterday, but the caller refused to leave a message, so I have no idea whether it was to do with a job or not.

On the bright side, if I get EI, Murphy's law dictates that I will find a job right after I get my first cheque, but the paper work of cancelling will take too long, I'll get another cheque, and wind up being charged with fraud--but I will have found another job, and that will definitely be a plus.

I seriously didn't think it would come to this, but I guess it has. Oh well, at least I'm not living off the food bank... yet.

No comments: