Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stuck

Ugh. I'm 50,874 words into what I'm fairly certain is the longest (possibly the second-longest?) book I've ever written, I'm writing the last chapter and I'm stuck. I was on a bit of a roll earlier tonight, but I'm staying with my brother and his girlfriend for the weekend, so it would be kind of rude to say, "yeah, have friends over. I'll sit in the kitchen like a hermit and ignore you all", so I stopped writing. I'm kind of wishing I hadn't.

I just don't know what to do. I have no idea how to get myself unstuck, but I really, really have to. I haven't posted a new chapter in too long, and that's counting the chapter from Death's perspective,which, really, isn't necessary for the advancement of the story at all. Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

I wonder if my brother will mind if I watch an episode of friends. Then, perhaps, I'll be able to get my mind in gear. Ugh.

No comments: