Tuesday, June 23, 2009

XD

I never see that as a face. As I mentioned on Devereaux Court, I always just see an X and a D, and in my mind it's a short form for eXciteD. Kind of like how I look at the big E of the Internet Explorer button, and think of it as the Everyone button... because the Internet connects you to everyone.

The reason I'm so eXciteD is simple: I finished my book. I had a very fun day today, the majority of which was spent floating down the river on a hot pink air mattress. I came home, had a two-hour nap, then got up and started writing... and continued writing for nearly four hours, at the end of which, I'd finished Aigaion Girl.

I'll post it on FictionPress tomorrow. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy the happiness that is going to sleep, because two hours is not enough to make up for being woken up by the police hammering on your door (a long story, which I'm graciously making interesting by the omission of any of the pertinant details), plus two or three hours of walking, plus four hours of writing. I is sleepified.

No comments: